Monday, December 8, 2014

I Ran Over Santa in the Produce Aisle

I once bumped into Santa Claus while pushing a red and green shopping cart in the produce section of a grocery store called Holiday Foods. I bounced back, of course, since we all know his belly shook like a bowl full of jelly.
    Are you thinking this was just a dream I’d had after downing too much eggnog? Nope, it’s a true story.
    A few years before moving to the St. Louis area, I lived in a festive little town named Santa Claus, located in Southern Indiana. In addition to buying my groceries at Holiday Foods, my house was on December 25th Lane in a subdivision called Christmas Lake Village.  I regularly stopped for coffee at the Silent Night CafĂ© en route to my office in the Kringle Place Shopping Center, where I worked doing public relations for the merry little town.
  
    Promoting Christmas 365 days a year was an amazing job opportunity, and every year about this time I miss the craziness that was Christmas in Santa Claus. If you’re looking for a holiday getaway, with just about a three hour drive, you can be sipping milk and munching Christmas Cookies at Santa’s Lodge or staying in a cozy cabin at Lake Rudolph. Then, you can round out your trip with a visit to Santa’s Candy Castle, The Santa Claus Museum, or the Santa Claus Christmas Store. At the Santa Claus Post Office, you can mail your holiday cards with a hand-stamped picture postmark. You might even think you’re at the North Pole….or maybe that’s just the eggnog…..
For more information holiday-themed events and attractions in Santa Claus, Ind., visit http://www.santaclausind.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment